Ah finally, I’ve gotten around to doing some real work after a few weeks of relaxation…. and a few MONTHS of not updating my blog! However, I have been working on creating a website. I’m still not completely happy with it, but we’ll see how it turns out.
I’d bought myself some new pretty inks and decided to play about with them to see what kind of colours they produce and what effect they have on different materials. The colours they produce are gorgeous and suit my needs to a tee, as I usually struggle with placing colour in my works. Using these inks in a spray form stops me from having too much control over them and adds a more natural unexpected element.
Although these started off as experimental pieces, there were a few that had potential, so I’ve decided to continue with them, exploring the idea of ‘A Summer Night’.